Donnerstag, 24. Mai 2012

Happy World Turtle Day! ^_^

...to you all!
I have to let you know that I adore turtles. I love almost all animals, but turtles kinda fascinate me. They kinda remind me in people. Some are slow and other ones are active and swimming around. Harold and Franklin, my little baby turtles (I got them from my boyfriends parents this year) are so active and jumping around. Well not really, but they swim and dive and climb their little stones up. So I thought I dedicate this blog today to my turtles and all the other out there.


Franklin is the big, shy one & Harold is the alpinist, he climbs and climbs and climbs, like a little mountain goat *hihi*



Why do we have a World Turtle Day?

The purpose of this day, every May 23rd since 2000, is to inform people. Nearly the half of all the turtle species that we know about, are at risk of extinction. We, as human kind, are encouraged on this special day to discover the world of turtles and to learn how we can help to protect them. You can find more infos about the Turtle Day here.
© by tortoise.com

0 comments:

Kommentar veröffentlichen